In 1811, the Columbia Bank and Bridge Co. began construction on the first of several bridges across the Susquehanna between Columbia and Wrightsville. This crossing, originally a ferry operated by John Wright, connected the Conestoga Trail between the east and west sides of the Susquehanna and became known as the Gateway to the West. Join our guest speaker, Crhistopher Vera, from the Columbia Historic Preservation Society, as he traces the building of the bridges all the way up to the current concrete arch structure known as Veteran's Memorial Bridge. Presentation follows dinner in The Rookery. Reservations required.