On the Susquehanna River, Lake Clarke, Long Level
Shank’s Mare Rental Location
Kayak and SUP Rentals available as long as weather and river conditions allow. Call for reservations!
Paddle unspoiled shoreline, explore creeks, view wildlife, visit the Conejohela Flats and the river sluices – little current on this part of the river for easy, enjoyable paddling. Rental Hours at Main Store same as our posted in-season store hours
.We recommend you call for reservations to assure kayak availability. All reservations may be done by phone at 717-252-1616. Experienced kayak guides are available by reservation. Call for details.
Kayak & SUP Rental Procedures, Rates & Guidelines
- Reservations requested for all rentals
- Call 717-252-1616 for reservations with name, phone #, how many single, double, or triple kayaks or stand-up paddleboards being rented. Please no changes to this when you arrive at the shop.
- Rental slots available at specific times and on a limited basis to alleviate crowding
- Rental groups check in on our front porch.
- Be ready to paddle when you arrive i.e. proper clothing, footwear and sunscreen in place
- All PFD's and paddles will be cleaned following every rental. You are welcome to bring or purchase your own gear.
- Return kayaks, paddles and pfd's to designated areas following rental
- Come in to the shop to pay for your rental and browse our awesome clothing and gear!
Rental Rates:Paddling EquipmentSingle Kayaks - PFD's (lifevests), whistles and paddles included
- Kayakers that do not possess Kayak Self Rescue Skills will be required to rent Sit-On-Top kayaks only. We reserve the right to deny or limit all rentals
- Renters must be 18 years or older, or have a parent or guardian sign rental agreement. Children 1st grade and up must be accompanied by an adult.
- Renters agree to wear PFD’s (personal floatation device) provided at all times during rental period.
- Kayaks must be used at Shank's Mare's location. They may not be transported to another location.
- Renters agree to return equipment in the same condition as it was received.
- Renters agree to return paddling equipment 15 min. prior to closing time the day of the rental.
Up to 2 Hours – $29/Kayak
Each Additional Hour – $9/HourTandem (Double) Kayak or Stand-Up Paddleboards - PFD's (lifevests), whistles and paddles included
Up to 2 Hours – $39/Kayak or SUP
Each Additional Hour – $9/HourSingle Fishing Kayaks - PFD's (lifevests), whistles and paddles included
Up to 2 Hours – $49/Kayak
Each Additional Hour – $9/HourDouble Fishing Kayaks
Up to 2 Hours – $59/Kayak
Each Additional Hour – $9/HourPFD (Life Vest) or Paddle (If you brought your own kayak but forgot your gear!)
Up to 2 Hours – $6
2-4 Hours – $8
4-6 Hours – $10